Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scary reality...

I've been looking into my overseas plans & budgeting... And the next months to come until I go are going to be tough. Money is going to be tight - and I'm now at the point where I'm going to be taking a second job. Yep you heard wrong... Something that I haven't actually done for a good 3 or so years. Its going to kill me. I'm going to find it exhausting - but hopefully the end result will be well worth it. 

I'm worried that I'm not going to have the money to go - or I'm worried that I'm going to have to wait just a little longer. There are just a lot of concerns about reaching this dream... And I think its because I actually don't want anything else in the world right now. 

I really should have done the overseas thing many many years ago. But honestly I wasn't ready - and I wasn't all that keen... I had always had boyfriends - and felt my life was with them. This is the first time in my life I'm actually unattached & as a result I don't have anything holding me back... Except my debt (which is going down). 

I have a budget & I have a goal & I'm prepared for a quiet lifestyle where I don't go and spend so much money. But the next step is actually getting the money to build on up.

The other scary thing about taking a second job is that one I'm going to be tired... Which I'll live through that. It won't be a problem. Second of all - I know what I'm like... My exercise routine will come as something that is second to me. I've worked so hard over the last 12 months to get back on track - and feel better then I have in years... I don't want to loose all that. So I'm not sure how I'm going to find the balance between work job 1, work job 2, gym & sleep. Plus actually seeing my friends. How can one other element which is supposed to be help - be the one thing that can take away all the other elements in my life. I guess its like if I had a boyfriend again really. 

31 weeks and counting... My fingers are crossed & I really really hope that that I'll be going overseas. I just want it so bad! 

J

1 comment:

travelling, but not in love said...

You absolutely need to go travelling - it changed my life, changed me as a person, changed so many things. Do it!

And the time is never right, but things sort themselves out, so I'd go as soon as you think you have the minimum....