Friday, February 6, 2009

The holiday's booked

The holiday is booked... I'm heading on a girls weekend in a couple of weeks to visit an old school friend. She and I went through most of high school together & a couple of years of primary school. As it happened to be she and I weren't really all that good of friends while we were at school together... She bullied me and I ended up leaving the school because of her. But when meeting up again in senior school we ended up becoming friends again. And I was one of her brides maids in her wedding not too long ago. We don't live in the same state - and haven't for over 5 years now. But the funny thing is - the surprising thing is that she and I have kept in contact... And every time I go home we always catch up and have a ball. 

So this is the first time that she has moved away from her home town... And I'm going to go visit - and I really can't wait! The wine - the cheese and the late night giggling and girl time is something that I'm really looking forward too! It will be nice to get away from here - and we didn't get to catch up a lot over christmas. So this is actually just what I need at the moment. 

I guess its a little different for me - I moved away years ago. As I said over 5 years ago. And of course I go back for holidays... And of course you always tell family & friends I'll be back all the time. But it diminishes... Life really does go on - and we always get busy. Its nature. But what I do remember from when I first moved away... Other then meeting lots of new people - and a lot of them I now dont talk to. But I had friends come and visit me from home. You get lonely & its hard when your social life changes. But when old friends come into town its a fantastic experience... And that's what I want to give my friend. I know that she has her husband with her so its a little different... But this is her first weekend without him - and I thought that I would go visit & take advantage of the fact that I get her all to myself. Its going to be so much fun.

I'll post pictures of this holiday... Its my first time visiting Tassie & Im wanting to document a little devil. Fingers crossed we come across a little cridder! 

No comments: