Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things didn't go to plan...

So I wrestled with my butterflies and trotted off to my date on the weekend... I took the plunge and put myself out their. And an array of different things happened that night - that Im not all that proud of. First of all when I seen the guy - I did remember who he was... Thank goodness the fog from the alcohol had worn off & I remembered... Second of all I actually liked his friend - and was wanting his friend to call me! So even thought I knew in that first instance when we met up that it would go no further from here... I still went along for the "date". I was thinking at the back of my mind that you can never have enough friends... 

As it turned out you can have enough friends - and perhaps you don't need to build them up in a hurry. So everything was going fine - and it was nice to chat to a stranger... It was a little difficult in parts - but I got out of things I thought pretty ok. The beers kept flowing - and I was actually having a great time out... But not wanting anything more then a chat with my so called "date". 

And then the unthinkable happened after so many hours and too many beers - and I was a girl that hadn't had any food all day long! A hot guy ordered a drink at the bar next to me.... And my train of thought - and my good girl antics were out the window. Hell! This guy that was at the bar reminded me of someone that I knew many many years ago - and someone that I actually miss a lot at the moment. The alcohol took on over and I let my guard down and actually didn't want to be with my date any more - and my eyes and mind were wondering. 

The end of the night concluded with my date leaving and us both having the wrong impression of one another. While I wasn't just the wrong person their that evening - he wasn't the best either... Once again I knew it wasn't really going to work out... But I had nothing better to do & I haven't dated in a while. 

The other guy that I did happen to meet - the guy that reminded me of something that I miss has my number - but is still yet to call. 

I learnt a lot about myself that night - firstly I need to learn a good enough line to leave a date when I've had enough... Instead of sticking around and waiting for him to leave because I don't want to be so rude. Second of all I'm giving my number out to guys that I actually like - and guys that I would actually like to go on a date with... Instead of guys that I know I don't really like. 

But the most important rude I've taken from this - is if I'm going out drinking - I need to eat at least one meal throughout the day! I felt like shit the next day!

No comments: