Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Dating Game...

Why is it when we're drunk and at a random place we end up building the confidence to do things that we usually wouldn't do... Such as for me - giving a random guy my phone number. I was at an event on the weekend - not really looking that fantastic - having red wine all down the front of me... And I ended up getting talking to a guy - brief moment and gave him my number! And now I'm going out on a date on the weekend. 
One of the things I'm a little nervous about is the fact that I don't really remember what he looks like. I was drunk & we were only talking for a brief moment - and for some reason I was really confident. Trust me that isn't usually like myself. 

So a little background information on me and my dating history is I haven't dated since my ex... that was well over 12 months ago. I hate dating because I find that I get really nervous. But apart from that I actually don't find it easy to let people into my life... I don't trust - and am always on guard. I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to dating. But on the other hand when you know the other person is really into you - I seem to always know. Looking back at past relationships I knew on the first date that they really liked me. Hard to put my finger on how I know - but i just do. 

I don't have high hopes for this date to be honest - and that's not because I'm playing it down at all... But its just because I don't have the feeling. That feeling that I overly like him... Maybe its because its a blind date - or maybe its because I've been on my own for such a long time now that I'm used to being on my own and know Im ok on my own. Letting someone else into my world now in that kind of way will take a lot - and I'm guessing I would have to really like them. 

Saturday is coming up faster then I thought - no doubt I'll write about it. 

No comments: