Saturday, April 4, 2009

What do you think of Affirmations

I had a woman that I used to work with... Actually she was my boss. She believed in the work of Affirmations. She swore by them. This lady I look up too. She is the most spiritual, well balanced, feet on the ground, positive person. She is a hard worker - she was a great mentor. She was just an all round lovely person. You know one of those lovely people where the world would look like a rose through their eyes. I've only ever met a few of these people in my 26 years of living & she is one of them. 

Anyway she believed in Affirmations. To the point where I've seen them around her house when I went over there a few times. In the bed room - in the kitchen - in the bathroom. Just little positive things that she tells herself. She swore by them - she said they made her more grounded and made her look at herself and life and see what she really wanted out of it. 

SO this week I decided that I'm the master of my life - and my well being & I've started to do positive affirmations. Telling myself that I believe in myself, telling myself I'm a good person. Its strange but even though I've had a few ups and down's this week... I feel that coming back to these positive thoughts have been great. A good way to keep my heads in the clouds - but in a good way. A great way to cut out all the bull shit that seems to drag me down. At work - with friends - with me. The down's - the things that bring you down. These affirmations make me start to think that life is too short to worry. 

So as I'm sitting down relaxing on a saturday night on my own - I'm thinking of my affirmations... I'm thinking how lucky & blessed I am to have my life... I'm thinking of how much I love my weekends - how much I value my family. How I love my friends. How work sucks but I don't need to go back until Monday. And I haven't even had a touch of Alcohol and I'm thinking like this... 

I'm all for the affirmations and being positive. 


No comments: